“I saw an ad for something called EasyWater …”
One of the most widely advertised “NO-SALT” water treatment devices is called EasyWater. You may have seen it advertised on shows like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity or Fox News. Or the latest one is called Hyrdocare. But it’s the same story…
The question folks ask is “Does it work?” The short answer is NO.
Laboratory tests at the Penn State University have confirmed what many water professionals have suggested: “No discernible change in water hardness scaling.”
These “No Salt” gadgets are being hustled on TV, online and through plumbing companies.
The implied and often stated message is that you can get the benefits of SOFT WATER without an ion exchange water softener.
This is simply not true.
There aren’t any effective, low cost “salt free” alternatives for water softening.
- Soft water reduces soap use by up to 75%… there is NO reduction in soap use with these no salt devices.
- Soft water effectively and measurably reduces scale build up in hot water heaters… actual field tests indicate that there is virtually no difference between water run through an EasyWater device and RAW WATER!
- Soft water dramatically reduces water spots on glassware and shower doors … you can see the results. No change with Easy Water and other no salt alternatives.
- Soft water leaves hair silky and skin soft… EasyWater simply leaves a hole in your wallet.
My name is Curtis Heil and I’m your local Culligan Man. The one thing I always tell people is that Culligan has been an innovator in water treatment since 1937.
Our water engineers have tested over 50 different No-Salt devices to determine what works and what doesn’t.
After all, if there’s a better solution for soft water than our current ion-exchange softener, you better believe we’re going to offer it to you. Unfortunately, there isn’t. Our engineers couldn’t find a single product that produced results worthy of the Culligan name and “Hey Culligan Man” service.
Frequently Asked Questions About No-Salt Systems
So if magnetic, no-salt, saltless and salt-free conditioners don’t truly give me the benefits of soft water, what are my options?
Your options are pretty simple… For soft water, you NEED an ion exchange water softener. It’s the only thing that is scientifically proven to:
- Reduce Scale Build-up and so protect all of your plumbing, fixtures, and appliances.
- Cut soap, detergent and shampoo usage by up to 75% (that savings alone can generally more than pay for your softener)
- Cut hot water heating expenses by almost 30% (according to the University of New Mexico).
- Prevent soap-scum from building up on your shower doors.
- Eliminate hard water spots on your glasses and dishes.
That’s fine as you have a few options:
- Utilize a Culligan Drinking Water System to remove the sodium and other impurities from your drinking water.
- Use Potassium Chloride in your water softener instead of Sodium Chloride
To put that into perspective, 1 tablespoon of ketchup has about 167 mg of salt.
I can’t lift those big, heavy bags of salt!
That’s no problem. Just say, “Hey Culligan Man!” and we’ll take care of it for you. We’ll bring salt right to your front door or even dump it into your softener. Whichever you prefer.
How do I learn more?
The next step is for us to test your water, inspect your plumbing, and determine what size of softener your family would need. Simply fill out the contact form and we’ll get in touch with you right away to schedule a convenient time.
No hassle, No Obligation, No BS. That’s our promise to you and your family.
Thank you so much for taking the initiative to repair our water softener over the holidays. We had been on vacation during the time of repair and it was comforting to know it had been taken care of and ready to go upon our return.
Please send our thanks to all involved with testing, fixing, replacing and servicing our softener. Appreciate the time and service you send our way. The replacement tank has fixed the problem we were having.
Our family has enjoyed the same Culligan Water System for the past 28 years. During this time span we have only had to have it serviced twice, the first time being after 20 yrs. It has truly been a remarkable system to have endured for so long and gave us great water for the last 28 yrs....more
Our family has enjoyed the same Culligan Water System for the past 28 years. During this time span we have only had to have it serviced twice, the first time being after 20 yrs. It has truly been a remarkable system to have endured for so long and gave us great water for the last 28 yrs. Thank you Culligan!