Culligan Miami offers:
- C&I Reverse Osmosis
- C&I Water Softeners
- C&I Depth Filters
- C&I Carbon Filters
- C&I Deionized Tank Exchange
DeionizationAccording to Wikipedia.org
Deionized water, also known as demineralized water (DI water, DIW or de-ionized water), is water that has had its mineral ions removed, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide. Deionization is a physical process which uses specially-manufactured ion exchange resins which bind to and filter out the mineral salts from water. Because the majority of water impurities are dissolved salts, deionization produces a high purity water that is generally similar to distilled water, and this process is quick and without scale buildup.Ion exchange demineralization of water is frequently accomplished by in-plant deionizers which automatically regenerate on a pre-set frequency, consuming acid and caustic and discharging a waste stream containing high concentrations of the acid and caustic. These systems are expensive to purchase and are very maintenance-intensive.Service Deionization, also referred to as “Portable Exchange Deionization”, uses tanks containing deionization resin plumbed into your process with flexible connectors and exchanged upon exhaustion by tanks regenerated at a Culligan Service Center.Advantages of Service Deionization include:
- No chemicals or hazardous waste; no frequent OSHA-required hazardous chemical training, no diking or other special containment, no waste treatment.
- Elimination of maintenance costs. Culligan exchanges exhausted tanks as required.
- No capital investment.You pay per tank exchange or per 1000 gallons of demineralized water consumed – your choice.
- Flexibility to meet varying flow requirements and water quality.Flows from 0.5 gpm to 500 gpm and quality from 50,000 ohm-cm to 18,000,000 ohm-cm.
- Metals recovery / Waste Treatment – this technology is often used to remove heavy metals from waste streams to meet NPDES or other discharge permit requirements. Tanks are regenerated by a licensed resource recovery facility and the recovered metals sold for recycling.
Every application for Deionized water is unique so please use the contact form below to let us know more about your deionized water needs.
Our family has enjoyed the same Culligan Water System for the past 28 years. During this time span we have only had to have it serviced twice, the first time being after 20 yrs. It has truly been a remarkable system to have endured for so long and gave us great water for the last 28 yrs....more
Our family has enjoyed the same Culligan Water System for the past 28 years. During this time span we have only had to have it serviced twice, the first time being after 20 yrs. It has truly been a remarkable system to have endured for so long and gave us great water for the last 28 yrs. Thank you Culligan!
Please send our thanks to all involved with testing, fixing, replacing and servicing our softener. Appreciate the time and service you send our way. The replacement tank has fixed the problem we were having.
Thank you so much for taking the initiative to repair our water softener over the holidays. We had been on vacation during the time of repair and it was comforting to know it had been taken care of and ready to go upon our return.